As we get into summer, I think everyone is in need of a great potato salad recipe. Although I haven’t really gotten to BBQ yet, I was itching for some potato salad. It just reminds me of summer, ya know?
The funny thing is growing up I hated potato salad. The hard boiled eggs and mustard used to really creep me out. Now that I have gotten older, I have grown a love for mustard and all the flavor it brings. And well, being vegan took care of those eggs for me, lol.
This is one of my new favorite potato salad recipes. It is creamy, crunchy and darn right delicious. It is also pretty healthy! Bonus right? So I hope you try this out and bring it to some BBQs. You might even make a convert out of some of those non vegans
Potato Salad with Cauliflower
Based of a recipe by MELOMEALS.com
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 1 pound or 1 small head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper (about ½)
- 2-3 large stalks celery, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons raw agave nectar
- ¼ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
Wash potatoes. Dice potatoes and cauliflower into 1 inch cubes.
In a large pot add about 8 cups water and a big pinch of salt, place potatoes in the cold water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes cook for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and boil for 2 more minutes. Then drain potatoes and cauliflower. Set aside.
Make the mayo by placing all of the ingredients except olive oil in a food processor. Give it a whirl for 2 or 3 minutes or until very smooth. With food processor still running slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and cauliflower with the red peppers, celery, red onion, pepper, dill, paprika, and dressing.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours then taste and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with extra fresh dill and paprika to serve.