Been craving some good chili recently. So Saturday night was the night to make some spicy yummy-ness. I grabbed some store bought corn bread to go along side.
Chipotle Vegetarian Chili
Based off the recipe by ingredients, inc.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 11/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14-ounce low salt black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14-ounce low salt kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounce light beer
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (I had a bag of frozen corn and edamame mixed, so I just used that)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 package Morning Star Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles
- Nonfat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- green onions
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add cumin. chili powder and chipotles and cook 1 minute. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Add beans, beer, tomatoes and corn and salt, if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered 30 to 45 minutes or until thickened. Add Morning Star Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve with Greek yogurt/sour cream and green onions.