Sorry I have been slacking on posts lately. I have a couple to catch up on. So there should be a couple posts in the next couple days.
A few weeks ago my boyfriend Rob, hit his one year sober birthday. He has grown and changed for the better so much since I have known him. He has become a compassionate, selfless, supportive and caring friend. He just seems like an overall happier person. And I couldn’t be happier for him!
He has always been there for me when I needed him. So to celebrate his sober birthday I wanted to make him cupcakes inspired by one of his favorite pies, keylime pie.
Normally I like to make my cupcakes completely from scratch, but I couldn’t find a recipe that I could modify or that didn’t involve boxed cake mix. So I settled for this one, hoping it would turn out well. The results were delicious. These cupcakes were full of lime flavor and the creamy frosting on top really rounded out the flavors.
Keylime Pie Cupcakes
Based on a recipe by Pillsbury
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) lime-flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Key lime juice (I couldn’t find keylimes, so I just grabbed a couple normal limes)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 or 3 drops green food color, if desired
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Grated lime peel, if desired