The boyfriend and I made this the other night to go along with Sprout Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce. The pudding turned out great! Sweet and tasted like real pistachios!
Vegan Pistachio Pudding
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios (I used salted)
- 2 tablespoons Agave nectar (or more depending on how sweet you like it. Stevia can be substituted also)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Mori Nu firm silken tofu (12.3 oz), chilled
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pistachios for garnish. Add the rest of the pistachios, the agave, coconut oil, and vanilla to a food processor and process until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a couple times. Add the tofu and process until smooth again.
Spoon into dishes, garnish with whole or coarsely chopped pistachios and serve.