Sushi Bowl with Asparagus and Avocado
This recipe is based on a recipe by The Taste Space’s Sushi Bowl
- 3 cups cooked brown short-grain rice
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 sheet of nori, toasted and finely sliced
Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, until a brilliant green.
For sauce combine orange and lemon juices and zests, agave nectar, tamari and rice vinegar. Toss asparagus in the sauce.
Create bowl by plating rice, top with asparagus, and nori. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.