This recipe is amazing for those hot summer days when you just don’t wanna turn on the stove. I have also been trying to work in more raw recipes into my diet. This is a more of a slaw, but heavily inspired by Pad Thai.
This is a request by the lovely Casandra at Nourished Intuition.
Raw Pad Thai
Based on a recipe by The Taste Space
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut flakes (in place of peanuts)
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 dates, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, more if you like
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons water, or more to thin to your desired consistency (but no more than 4 tablespoons)
Place the slaw, carrot, peppers, cabbage and cauliflower in a large bowl.
In a blender, combine all sauce ingredients. Blend to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add more water
Pour the sauce over the vegetables in the bowl and toss to combine well. Plate the veggie mixture and top with coconut. This will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days.