Long time no post! Sorry, I have been having a block on what I want to share with you guys. Then I decided I just needed to start sharing something, right?
I have been struggling to not eat junk food all the time (darn you holidays!). Getting back to proper portion sizes and not eating a ton of processed foods, has been a challenge! This one is a hybrid of a couple different recipes. The roasted Brussels, helped scratch that crispy fried food itch I have had, while still being mostly healthy. Quinoa has been my sub for starchy pasta or rice, and it is way more filling, which has helped with portion sizes.
I hope you all have been well, and happy new year!
Miso Roasted Brussels and Quinoa Miso Ginger Salad
- 1 1/2 cups rainbow quinoa, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
Combine quinoa and water into a pot (with a tight fitting lid). Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
Once the 5 minutes are up, fluff with a fork.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, dark leaves removed, and halved
- 1 teaspoon light miso
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (or tamari, for a gluten free option)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, plus more for serving
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of ground white pepper
Whisk together all ingredient until well combine (or blend them in a Nutribullet).
- 1 carrots, grated
- 2-3 green onions, diagonally sliced
Toss carrots with cooked quinoa and dressing. Top with the miso roasted Brussels sprouts and green onions.